[Update] The code is available at github
Yesterday Sebastian and I were attending GuiceCon. A nice little get-together with the Guice developers and some very smart Guice users. As Guice is key in Xtext's architecture we took the opportunity to show the people what we do with it. The first idea was to just explain how we use Guice, but while we travelled across California last week a better idea came up : We could develop a Guice Modules DSL using Xtext.
So we did and we did it from scratch right in front of the audience without any tricks or shortcuts. The good thing was that everyone in the room knew the domain very well, so we didn't need to explain anything about the domain of the language.
First I defined the grammar and a first shot on the code generator and then Sebastian added type conformance checks and improved content assist. Today I've spent another two hours on it. The screencast below demos the status quo.
Note that there will be an extended tutorial at EclipseCon this Thursday, where you can learn how to create such things yourself in no time. Not to forget the short talk on "What's new in Xtext 2.0", Tuesday 2 pm.